星期五, 8月 10, 2007

Last Day of School


the class tried to gather for a photo but word didn't really spread too well and only 1/3 of the whole class made it into this official photo.

I just finished my last class. To be honest, I feel awful right now because my one-on-one teacher asked me pointedly about what I wrote about her on my evaluation form. I was immediately put off by this because of my strong feelings about anonymity regarding critiques (and because maybe I didn't say ALL nice things!).

At the end of each semester, ICLP students receive an evalulation form for each class taken. It is essentially just a dozen questions with reponses based on a numeric scale and the option to write comments on the back. They are completely anonymous and are handed into the secretaries on the 4rth floor, so in principle, one should feel free to be honest so that the school can make adjustments and catch potential problems early on.

I considered withdrawing my evaluation altogether after the interrogation from my instructor, but decided to let it remain. I'm glad ICLP provides a channel for feedback and I shouldn't let one teacher's curiosity cause me to deny the program of its dedication to continuous improvement.

In retrospect, if I could do it all over again, I would have taken a page from my classmate's book and privately discussed my needs/problems with my instructor much earlier. My classmate saw a problem back in July, wasn't satisfied, and immediately arranged to speak with his instructor outside of class time to essentially tell her that she wasn't making the cut. They discussed how she could improve until they were both satisfied.

沒有留言: